Some tips for being a gentleman: A letter to my son
i consider myself very lucky to have given birth to two strong and
healthy childeren of who you are the second.
i want you to know that even though you are not my first child love, i
definitely don’t love you any less.
I don’t think i will handle you guys the same, because i already see the
differences in your personalities. i will handle you guys as fair as i
know fit. I want you to know that there is a place for all of us. At the
place where we call home.
Having said this: When i knew you were a boy. i remebered this:
” Being male is a matter of birth,
A man is a matter of age,
but, being a gentleman is a matter of choice “
I hope you make the gentleman choice. Earlier i had some tips for your
sister for handeling herself.
Here are my tips for you
- Yes you can. You can do it. You can do anything. But remember to
- You are intelligent, be careful with that. A man of real intelligence
and cultivated mind is generally modest
- Manners matter:
- Hold the door open voor man and women
- Stand up when someone enters or leaves the room/table
- Never pay more attention to your phone than the person you are with
- A gentleman is always on time
- A gentleman can drive stickshift
- It is okay to cry and show emotion
- A gentleman never starts a fight, he is however permitted to stop
- A gentleman respects himself and takes care of himself and his
- Don’t curse
- Chances are you will meet a woman, you will find that you will want
to give her the world and you can with love and respect. If you know
your worth this woman you will meet, will be right for you.
My dear boy. I love you.
A warm hug.